Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sour Cream Raspberry Pie


This is my favorite pie! The recipe is like the one from the Norske Nook in Osseo, WI.  I found their sour cream blackberry pie recipe posted in an online newspaper, so I figured I could substitute the blackberry ingredients for raspberry and recreate my favorite: sour cream raspberry.  I use plain (unsweetened) yogurt in place of sour cream and it still turns out great!  I don't have an 11 inch pie pan so I use a 9 inch and put the leftover filling in a separate small dish for a crust-free treat.

Doesn't it look tasty?

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups sour cream or plain yogurt
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup dry (not prepared) raspberry gelatin
  • 5 to 6 cups fresh, frozen raspberries
  • 11-inch pre-baked pastry crust
  • whipped topping
Stir sour cream and egg yolks in pan. Add sugar and flour. Cook on high heat stirring constantly. Watch closely as this can burn easily. Cook until very thick. Remove from heat and add gelatin, then stir. Add raspberries. Pour into 11" pre-baked pie crust. Cool and top with whipped topping or cool whip.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jennie! Someone at work was just telling about this place - can't wait to try the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norske Nook raspberry sour cream is a pie I absolutely love! Every time I drive the six hours north to visit dear friends, Norske Nook for pie and coffee is one of the places we have to go. Last summer I was babysitting my brother's raspberry patch and didn't know what to do with the abundance, so I looked for their recipe and found this - - Used the greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and did everything else by the book. Most delicious pies I've had in a long time!! Looks like sour cream raspberry pie might be more than just an annual thing for me now. :-)

    ReplyDelete